Friday, February 8, 2019

Learning With Aesop

 
  Happy Friday everybody! I hope you have had a pretty good and fun week with your family. This has been a pretty chill week for us since we have had rain everyday this past week. I am glad I scheduled this week to be an review week. I was able to use a,whole lot of our favorite sensory activities to go along with all the letters we have covered so far this year. I also thought it would be interesting to indroduce Aesop Fables to my child since we just completed a week of fairy tales and another one of nursury rhymes before that. I thought adding in a week of even newer stories would keep my son's interest. He learned lots of new vocabulary words since Aesop Fables have a more advanced use of language. Here is what our week was like.
Also you can check the menu options bittom on the top right of this to find the link for my archives. You can find photis of pretty much each activity throughout my blog post entries.


Monday:Uppercase A-T Review/ Vocab Review of Letters Aa-Dd/The Bear and the Bees
Books:Animal Orchestra by Ilo Orleans
The Bear and The Bees-Aesop Fable
Carribean Alphabetby Frane Lessoc
Pooh and The Dragon by Ann Braybrooks

Songs:
A-Apples and Bananas by Raffi
B-Baby Mine
C-Church Bells by Carrie Underwood (my kid loves this song. Pretty much the only reason I chose this one)
D-Hey Diddle Diddle

Activities:
Review Aa vocab words
A-made art with paint
Review Bb vocab words
B-build with blocks
Review Cc vocab words
C-play with corn kernals
Review D vocab words
Went to the zoo and played on the real drums there as well as looked for the animals that started with the letters A,B,C, and D.

Tuesday:Review Ee, Ff, Gg, and Hh vocabulary/The Heron
Books:Eeyore Be Happy by Don Ferguson
A Rain Forrest ABC by Amanda Doering
Berenstain Bears and The Gift of Courage by Jan and Mike Berenstain
The Heron-Aesop Fable

Songs:
E-Eagles Wings
F-Five Little Ducks by Raffi
G-The Corner Grocery Store-By Raffi
H-You Be In My Heart- Kenny Loggins

Activities:
Review Ee vocab
E-play in water for empty/full
Review Ff vocab
F-fingerpainting
Review Gg vocab
G-Glitter fun
Review Hh vocab
H-Play with hair gel packets

Wednesday:Lowercase a-t Review/Ii, Jj, Kk, and Ll Vocab review/The Vain Jackdaw
Books:I'll Never Let You Go by Smritu Prasadam-Halls
The Vain Jackdaw-Aesop Fable
Peek-a-boo Kisses by Bernie Saltzberg
Lucy and Tom's ABC by Shirley Hughes

Songs:
I-Inch Worm by Kenny Loggins
J-Jesus Loves Me This I know
K-Let's Go Fly A Kite from Mary Poppins
L-Jesus Loves the Little Children

Activities:
Review Ii vocab
I-Instrument Fun
Review Jj vocab
J-Play with people and jet airplane
Review Kk vocab
K-Play kitchen fun
Review Ll vocab
L-locomotiv fun

Thursday:Mm, Nn, Oo, and Pp Vocab Review/ The Ox and the Frog
Books:The Real Mother Goose ABC by Patty McCloskey Padgett
Clifford and The Grouchy Neighbors by Norman Bridwell
The Ox and The Frog -Aesop Fable
Eat Your Peas, Louise! by PaGeen Snow

Songs:
M-Do You Know the Muffin Man
N-All I Really Need by Raffi
O-This Old Man
P-I Am A Promise

Activities:
Review Mm vocab words
M-play with magnets
Review Nn vocab words
N-Play with dry noodles
Review Oo vocab words
O-play with dry oatmeal
Review Pp vocab words
P-Playdough

Friday:Qq, Rr, Ss, and Tt Vocab Review Day/The Hare and The Tortoise
Books: The Christmas Story From The Preschoolers Bible (Mary, Queen of Heaven)
Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
S is for Snowman by Kathy Jo Wargin
The Hare and The Tortoise -Aesop Fable

Songs:
Q-Do You Know The Question Man  (from the Qq activities tab in the archives)
R-Somewhere Over the Rainbow
S-You Are My Sunshine
T-Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Activities:
Review Qq vocab words
Q-Play with dry quinoa
Review Rr vocab words
R-Play with dry rice
Review Ss vocab words
S-Play with Shaving Cream
Review Tt vocab words
T-Play with play hut tents

What Aesop Fables do you think your child might enjoy???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry For My Absence