Friday, September 6, 2019

Grandparents are the Foot Steps to Future Generations

   
I hope you all enjoyed a fun Labour Day week-end! Our's was jam packed with birthday celebrations, our family photo session, outdoor activities, and then ending with us all catching a cold virus. It has not been a fun one either, considering my kid just got sick to his stomach from it. Poor little guy is crashed out on my lap right now as I am typing this and those of you who know my child know this is a very rare occurrence these days since him giving up his nap.





     We have been very focused on my child's grandparents this week as this Sunday happens to be Grandparents Day in case yall were not aware. The relationship between a grandparent and grandchild is super special and important to me more than any other extended family relationship (unless a grandparent shows highly toxic behavior). If it was not for grandparents saying yes to having our parents, well we would not be here nor would our kids. Our parents raised us and as long as it was done in a loving and respectful way then I think it is very important our children receive that love too that we got from our parents and have our parents enjoy the gift of time and bonding with their grandchildren while they can.

Also
     Also this week we worked on tracing the letter "Nn" and number 4. I did not take as many photos this week as a lot of these activities I did in my other letter Nn activity entry which you can look at if you look back through my archives for Nn activities.


Monday:Labour Day!

Tuesday:Practice Uppercase "N"/"Nn" Phonics Work/Intro Grandparents Day

Books:
My N Soundbox by Jane Belk Moncure
Just Grandma and Me by Mercer Meyer
Just Grandpa and Me by Mercer Meyer

Songs:
Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
I'm So Very Glad You're In My Life by Audrey Ayers

Activities:

Review "Nn" vocabulary picture words/practice tracing uppercase "N", work on "Nn" phonics work.

Play with dry noodles

Intro grandparents day. Why it is special. Work on first page for Mimi for part of grandparents day surprise.


Wednesday: Practice Tracing Number 4/More about Mimi

Books:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Secret by Steve and Sonia Murphy
Oliver, Amanda, and Grandmother Pig by Jean Van Leeuwen

Songs:
Naturally by Raffi
Number 4 song on youtube
Dear Grandma by Macmania

Activities:
Review "Nn" vocab.

Napkin painting with watercolors.

Practice tracing number 4

Work on groups of four recognition using stacks of duplo legos.

Work more on grandparent's day surprise gift. Page number 2 all about Mimi.

Begin working on a stepping stone kit also for grandparent's Day gift.


Thursday:Practice Tracing Lowercase "n"/Sequencing and Matching/About Papaw

Books:
Clifford's Grouchy Neighbors by Norman Bridwell
A Present for Grandfather by Chandler Werner

Songs:
Love Your Neighbor from Veggie Tales
The Grandpa Song by Dennis Jernigan

Activities:
Review "Nn" vocabulary words/ practice tracing lowercase "n"

Play with cooked noodles

Work on third page of grandparent's day surprise akl about papaw

Finish stepping stone activity for grandparent's day.



Friday- "Nn" Review/Finish Up Grandparent's Day Gift

Books:
Pinnochio's Nose Grows by Barbara Gaines Winkelman
Llama Llama Gram and Grandpa

Songs:
A Whole New World from the original Alladin
What A Wonderful World/Somewher Over the Rainbow

Activities:
Review our letter "Nn" work

Play with nuts. We used almonds

Finish up last page for grandparent's day surprise.



These are just a few things I did to try to help grandparent's day be fun and special for my family. Whay activities have you done in your family for grandparent's day? I'd love to know. Just leave a comment and I will be happy to learn some new ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I am crying but with tears of joy! Thank you for including us in your very special teaching days! We love you , Anthony! We love Mommy and Daddy too..very much! Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete

Sorry For My Absence