Friday, January 25, 2019

Momma Goose Was On the Loose!!!

     Hello lovely readers of mine. I hope this past week was kind to you. It has been a very busy and productive one for us. Most inportantly a lot of fun too. You see, this week is by far my favorite week for planning because it is, as you may have guessed from my blog entry title, Mother Goose week! Momma Goose week is so much fun to use for educational purposes. I know, Mother goose rhymes have some dark meanings behind them, BUT for young children they are so helpful to use for early literacy. There are tons of different rhymes to pick from. The ones I picked happen to have the use of the letter S, because Ss also happens to be our letter of the week.
     Another reason I had such a fun time with lesson planning this time aroundis because it is the letter Ss week. Ss is such an easy letter to think up actibitues for as there are so many words and activities that use the Ss sound. This week us packed with fun activities.
     Before going into all the activities we worked on I need to take a moment to give a shout out to my daddy. It is his birthday today!!! I am very blessed to havevhim as my dad, and so grateful to have him around and active for our kid. My son has a very sweet bond with his PaPaw and we are so happy for that. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! We love you and hope you have a wonderful day!!!





Monday:Martin Luther King Jr. Day-vacation day

Tuesday:Intro Uppercase S/Baa Baa Black Sheep
Books: My s Sound Box by Jane Belk Moncure
Mother Goose Rhyme Book
My First Dictionary

Songs: Sharing Song by Raffi
Baa Baa Black Sheep

Activities:
Intro Uppercase S, Intro Ss picture vocabulary words, color uppercase S work page

Play with sunflower seeds and corn kernals

Build skyscrapers with wooden blocks

Intro Baa Baa Black sheep. Have child paint in a picture of sheep with black paint. Use a black pom pom and clothes pin for added fine motor skills strengthening. I, nyself, realized we were out of black paint. I tried to fix this by using food coloring and white paint, only it ended up turning into a funky blue greenish color no matter how I mixed up all the colors. I failed. 😂😂😂


Wednesday: Intro Lowercase s/Intro Opposite concept of In VS. Out/Itsy Bitsy Spider
Books: Morris Goes to School by B. Wiseman
Mother Goose Rhyme Book
My First Picture Dictionary

Songs: School House Polka by Veggie Tales
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Activities: Intro lower case s, review Ss picture vocab, lowercase s coloring activity page

Practice In/out with the space sewing and shape bead set

Spinning fun in the office chair

Play with saint peg dolls and spin playhouse and slide and swing and school house

Intro Itsy Bitsy Spider. Make handprint spider.



Thursday:Tracing and Scissor Skill Work/Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Books:Sea Stars by Lola M. Schaefer
Mother Goose Rhyme Book
My First Picture Dictionary

Songs: Shout!
Shout to the Lord
Twist and Shout!

Activities:Review Ss vocab words in picture dictionary.

Practice tracing activity

Practice scissor skills

Play with water in sink with food coloring and silver glitter.

Play with shaving cream

Intro Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Use playdough and star cookie cutter to cut out star shapes.


Friday:Ss Vocab Review Day/Sleep Baby Sleep
Books: Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle
Mother Goose Rhyme Book
My First Dictionary

Songs: Shake My Sillies Out by Raffi
Sanctuary praise and worship song
Sleep Baby Sleep

Activities: Review Ss vocab and do vocab coloring activity

Play with the slide

Play with salt and sugar

Play with tool set for the screwdriver and saw

Work on tool puzzle with the screw driver, saw, and sander.


Intro Sleep Baby Sleep. Roll play with a baby doll (or in our case teddy bear as we do not own a baby doll...) about how to be gentle with babies. Use dr kit to play de for dramatic play.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry For My Absence