Friday, January 4, 2019

Educating A Sick Child....I Need A Sick Day to Recover from my Child's Sick Week

 

  As you can see it has been awhile since I wrote up a post. I hope you have all been able to enjoy the Christmas season with family, friends, and laughter, and wonderful memories. Christmas has gotten the best of me thistime around. We hosted my in-laws for Christmas this year which happened last Thursday. I was very focused on house cleaning, meal prepping, cooking, and setting up the tables for everyone. It was a tad trickier to figure out for me since almost seven months ago, due to my doctor ordering me to, I switched to a vegan diet. I also had a family member with siliac disease, so gluten-free for us, and another family member with multiple food allergies and intollerances, and one with diabetes. When people come to my house to eat, especially a holiday meal, I always want to make sure everything is as safe as possible for all my guests to eat. I hate the ppdsibility of people thinking I did not think their dietary needs are important while watching others get to eat half of the things because I ignored their needs wgich may then make them feel undervalued or like I do not care because I do. I may be a vegan diet eating person, but I also would not make everyone avoid meat around me. I baked a real ham so there was meat for all my non vegan eating family members (everyone but me). I just made all of our sides vegan so I could feast. We had green beans, kale, sweet potato casserole, and homemade potato salad. Two of my nieces spent the night with us that night which was a lot of fun too. Needless to say my blog got put on the back burner last week.
     This week two of my nephews cane to visit for four days. Simultaneously my kid came down with a very nasty cold. Not the flu, thankfully, but has still knocked him out. He is still not feeling to great and nos his daddy has it. I have been taking airbourn in hooes of lessening the blow if/whrn I get it. Hosting two teenagers and caring for two sick people has not left me with much time to blog about what little things my kid and I have gotten to work on.
      I wanted to do a 12 Days of Christmas theme with my son this week, but that got put on the back burner for next year as far as activities go. Instead we worked mostly on the letter Pp activities. I will do my blog a tad differently. Instead if breaking up what our activities were each day, I will just share a general list of activities that we did, but also if we were all feeling better we would have done, but resting when sick and following his lead on what he feels up for is probably for the best for our kiddo. He is only three afterall.

Books we looked at this week:
Jack Kent's Twelve Days of Christmas by Jack Kent
The Christmas Storyilluminated by Isabelle Brent
The Story of the Three Wise Kings retold and illustrated by Tomie DePaola
We Believe In Christmas by Karen Kingsbury
Tonight You Are My Baby by Jeannine Q Norris
My P Sound Box by Jane Belk Moncure
New Year's Day by David F. Marx
A Pet the Sound of P by Alice K. Flanagan
Potty Animals by Hope Vesteegaard
Jacob's Eye Patch by Beth Kobliner Shaw and Jacob Shaw
Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney

Songs we sang this week:
12 Days of Christmas
Silent Night
Angels We Have Heard on High
We Three Kings of Orient Are
Hark!The Herald Angel Sing
Purle People Eater
His Peace Is Flowing Like A River
I am a Promise
Going on a Picnic by Raffi
Eight Little Piggies by Raffi
5 Little Pumpkins

Activities we learned with
Family prayer evenings
Painting
Play dough fun
Banging on pots and pans
Play with dry pasta
Draw with pens and pencils
Play on the piano
Play with people and play houses
Play pirate
Play around in purple water (food coloring in kitchen sink)
If nice outside and Anthony was feeling better a playground day
Pajama pizza popcorn pic nic party day... if we did not have the creeping crud we would have invited friends over to maje it really fun, but did not want to pass it along to anyone.
P coloring pages
P vocab work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry For My Absence