Friday, August 23, 2019

Kick Off Your Boots and Stay Awhile



Howdy Yall!
     I hope your week has been a nice one. Not sure how many of you have started your kiddos back into another school year, or how many of you are waiting till the beginning of September. If you have I hope you had a great week of fun learning and hard work. To those who are still milking Summer for all you can I see you, I get you, and I wish you some peaceful and enjoyable and chill last few weeks. Please forgive me for posting this one up kind of late... I will let yall in on one of my guilty pleasures, but not really guilty... I happen to be a huge Taylor Swift fan ( I know she is not everyone's cup of tea, but bless my heart, I just cannot help it). I am only telling you this because her newest album dropped at midnight and so today I have been spending my free chill time listening and taking it in that I almost forgot to make this post. I really hope I am not allienating myself from any of you readers for admitting this fact...😕 hopefully you keep reading on and feel inspired about new ideas for your kids enough you forget this part of me.
     This week even though it is us doing schoolwork here I have been enjoying some more fun and carefree school themes to try and get a little bit of both schoolwork in while holding onto that feeling of Summer vibe. I decided to go on an adventure into the wild wild west. You know, Cowboys (and cowgirls too), bonfires, camp fire songs, native americans, the pony express, and some other things. It is a theme pretty great for my almost four year old boy that is also rich in American History, both gross and fine motor skills, sensory fun, geography, life science, and so much more. 
     We also focused on the letter "Ll" and number 2.

Monday- Practice Tracing Uppercase L/Intro Into Wild Wild West and Wildlife That Can Be Found In the Desert

Books:
My L Soundbox by Jane Belk Moncure
Izzy the Lizzy by Renee Riva
Journey Through the Desert

Songs:
Listen to the Horses by Raffi
Where You Lead by Carole King (cause anytime I can work one of her songs into my day for a good reason like this, I do)
Nature desert sounds

Activities:
Review Ll vocab words and practice tracing uppercase L

Work on Ll phonics work

Play with a ladder 

Intro wild wild west and how nature helped make it feel wild

Play with plastic snakes, spiders, and scorpions that I found at the dollar tree in sand.

Park Day

(Yes, I know he has no shorts on... TBH we are still getting this potty training thing down so when we are inside at home he runs around dressed like this all the time)
Tuesday: Day off to hang out with family

Wednesday: Number Two/ Practice Tracing Lowercase l/ Cowboy Fun

Books:
Lazy Jack by Tony Ross
Two by Kathryn Otoshi
Cowboys by Glen Rounds

Songs:
This Land Is Your Land
Home On the Range

Activities:

Review number 2 and practice tracing it too.

Work on group association for number 2. We used our plastoc snakes, scorpions, and spiders from yesterday.

Review Ll vocab. Work on tracing lower case "l".

Intro cowboys. Talk about ranch chores.

Use a jumping rope (I found ours at the dollar tree) and practice lasso throwing around some plastic cones (again found them at the dollar tree. What can I say? I have an addiction to cheap stuff... 😂😂😂😂)

Thursday:Sequencing Day/Native American Fun

Books:
My Love For You All Year Round by Susan L. Roth
The Buffalo Jump by Peter Roop

Songs:
This Little Light of Mine
10 Little Indians

Activities:

Review Ll vocab

Work on a sequencing work page

Fun with fake leaf fight

Intro Native American lifestyles in wild wild west days. Build a teepee using whatever you want. Pull out corn kernals and corn meal to play with... 

Make campfire corn muffins together


Friday- Ll Review/Importance of the Pony Express

Books:
Oh Look! by Patricia Polacco
Cowboy and Octopus by Jon Scieszka

Songs:
Life Is A Highway (Rascal Flatts version because well I love them too, and the music video is a hit for my kid so....🙄).
Buffalo Gal

Activities:
Review "Ll" vocab words and practice tracing those letters again.

Locomotive fun

Intro Pony Express. Take turns being the pony express while making art work with crayons/markers/colored pencils.

Zoo day

These are some fun ways I trued to make the wild west area more intriguing for my pre-k child. Can you think if some ideas to share? Please comment below if you do. 

Oh, I do not really refresh my readers enough about some of my earliest posts, but  if you go into my archives list area and click on learning theories you might learn or see something you did not know before as far as learning theorists go. I have several entries I have posted kind of briefly introducing some of the most popular learning and behavioral theorists who studies early childhood education. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry For My Absence