Friday, August 10, 2018

God Made You Special

     There is no better and more fun way to introduce the idea of pre-k work to me than doing a theme focusing on what makes each child unique and feel accepted. Since I am Catholic I also wanted to help my child realize that God is the one who created us. He made each of us different and loves us very much. *Cough** cough*Veggie Tales *cough**cough*
     Along with this theme I introduced the letter Aa to him along with the concept of big, bigger, and biggest.

Monday

Books: My A Sound Box
             God Made Me Special by Greg Fritz
Songs: ABC's
             I Am Special
             (Tune of Are You Sleeping)

              I am special
              I am special
              Can't you see
              Can't you see
              Someone very special
              Someone very special
              'Cause God made me
              'Cause God made me
Activity: Uppercase A coloring page
Art/sensory -free painting
Field trip to the zoo to visit the animals because animals start with the letter Aa.

Tuesday

Books: The Skin You Live In by Michael
             Tyler
             My First Dictionary (Aa picture                        words)
Songs : Apples and Bananas
Sensory: pom pom (those little fuzzy.                              balls) sorting. Sorted the                                    pom poms into piles of big, bigger,                  and biggest.
                 Outside chalk. Colored outside
                 together shapes different sizes to
                 learn big, bigger, biggest.
Activity: the big, bigger, biggest coloring
                work sheet

Also it was our Mother Goose On the Loose Day today.

Wednesday

Books: Our Bodies by Sue Clark
             Review the Aa picture words in the
             dictionary
Songs: The Hokey Pokey
            Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
            The Ants Go Marching One By One
Sensory/Art: Free Painting
Activity: Lower case a coloring page

Thursday

Books: Feelings by Sue Clark
             Review the Aa picture words in the
             Dictionary
Songs: If You're Happy and You Know It
            There Is No One Just Like Me
             (Tune of twinkle twinkle little star)
              There's no one who is just like me
              No one who knows how to be
              Me when I am mad or sad
              Me when I am very glad
              There is no one who is just like me
              Me is who I am proud to be.
Sensory: pom pom sorting again. Same as
                 on Tuesday
Activity: practicing drawing straight lines
                and introducing how to use safety
                scissors
Today is Park Day too.

Friday

Books: Review Aa picture vocabulary words
             from the dictionary
Dvd: Daniel Makes A New Friend from
          Daniel the Tiger
Songs: free choice
Sensory: Played with dried black beans
                Shaving cream fun
Activity: Aa vocabulary coloring page



Aditional songs: Jesus loves me
   Jesus loves the little children
    These are just ideas i know my little guy would be able to handle. What are some ideas you may have for activities about diversity and inclusiveness? Please feel free to comment them not only for my curiosity, but for even more ideas for you my readers as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Teresa! I finally got on my laptop to see your blog! Excellent! :) I hope you'll visit mine too...Keep finding a way to share yours..many will appreciate it. I would hunt for Catholic homeschool moms when I had mine years ago and that is where I met some of the best friends of my life and still are! Alexa, Rosemary...yep and more that we do not keep up as much so you would not know them by name, but suffice it to say, it was fun and kinda miraculous that I was also blessed to meet them and see them several times and they lived so far away. So enjoy and keep up the great efforts. My grandson is one blessed little fella! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks, Momma. At first I was not planning on using this for anything other than a place to keep my lesson plans for future reference. I guess I realized I could use it to help share things I have learned in early childhood education. Not sure how much thought people put into what learning goes into play for the little ones, plus i really do like hearing ideas I may not have heard about too. I put your blog on ny reading list. 😁

    ReplyDelete

Sorry For My Absence