Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Importance of Slowing Down and Living In the Moment

     In the midst of lesson planning and setting up educational activities it is easy to be more in my head doing a mental checklist instead of fully enjoying what my child is actually experiencing. It is important for me to remember he is still young. He is not a baby, but still not fully independent. It is important to me that I also relish these days as much as possible, even though some days are harder than others. I need to remember to let him play and explore as there is only so much time left for him to be really free of the book lrarning style that comes in elementary school. There is no rush right now for what he must learn by a certain time, it really should be more fun than anything else. Some days it is ok to forget what was planned and chill. Giving downtime like that will only help my kid be more relaxed and ready to learn something new, and that is a big deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry For My Absence