Saturday, November 24, 2018

M Is For Music

   


       This week has been all sorts of crazy for me and my family that I have gotten all mixed up with my blog. I realize I am a day late again on putting up a post. Thanksgiving was a wonderful busy week for us. I hope all of my readers that celebrate Thanksgiving had a fun family time together.
     
     This past week as you know, we focused on the letter Mm. Music is SUCH an inportant part of a child's overall development. It is the one language, as far as reading music goes, that is universal. Children find comfort when hearing favorite songs. 

     The biggest areas music helps improve the most is language and literacy. Once a child is old enough (usually four at the earliest for the piano) for learning an instrument it has a large impact on helping children understand math easier. Among those big areas children also grow in each seperate growth area. They use all their bodily muscles, fine, and large motor skills. when acting out motions during song and also through dance.  They learn social cues from watching the other kids interact with music. Experimenting with sounds different instruments make is science for them. Some children are like my son and are musical learners which means they need music to learn new concepts. 

    Early pre-school children love simple songs with lots repitition and familiar tunes. That is one reason I tend to pick songs with similar tunes. It is easy for ny kid to pick up and has information about the weekly theme to help him learn new information easier. They also love to sing because they love experimenting with their voices. Music is good for the soul. No wonder people of all ages find music to be a way to brighten our lives a little more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry For My Absence